What you will need:
– 3 ripe bananas
– 1 cup of blueberries
– 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
– 1/4 cup of sugar
– 1/3 cup of whole grain quick oats
– 3 tablespoons of melted butter for taste (optional)
If you are using muffin cups, make sure they are well greased so they will slide out easily. Only fill the cups 2/3 to 3/4 way full for a well rounded muffin. Place the muffins in the oven for 20 minutes.
Once the muffins are done cooking, make sure to pop them out of the muffin tray (I used a butter knife to do this- they came out very easily) and place them on a drying rack or paper towls. This prevents the bottom of the muffins from getting soggy.
These muffins were very moist and bursting with flavor! The added fiber from the whole wheat flour and oats kept me full until lunch. They taste like a dessert and are healthy for you! Enjoy!